Latest Information and UpdatesLike you, we continue to watch as our nation and the world struggles with the impact of this virus. The financial implications to our families, communities, and businesses are difficult to foresee fully, but they are devastating by any measure. We are making decisions regarding this very fluid situation on a regular basis, and we are doing our best to balance the interests of our guests, owners, employees, and the future of our business.
Michigan Executive Order
Vacation Rentals are open and legal in the state of Michigan. For a list of Michigan executive orders Click Here.
Peace of Mind
When you book direct with Mill Pond Realty, you'll enjoy flexible options for changes and cancellations. You can reschedule your trip or cancel it and receive a 100% credit to use anytime in the future OR receive a refund (minus the cancellation fee) at least 30 days prior to arrival.
The health and safety of our clients, guests, and team is our top priority.
- Mill Pond Realty Office: Our office will remain closed to all non-employees. We would be happy to meet with you outside, just call when you're here.
- Check-in: We are offering at-property check-in when available and curb-side check-in for all others. Early check-in is not available at this time.
- Check-out: Express check-out is available for all properties. Please refer to your departure procedures for details. (see details below)
- Housekeeping: On top of our already rigorous cleaning and disinfecting procedures, we are targeting high touch/high traffic surfaces. (see details below)
- Hot Tubs & Swimming Pools: Hot tubs and pools are treated with the appropriate chemicals and all high touch exterior surfaces are disinfected.
Wondering What's open?
- Beaches: All accessible beaches are open.
- Parks: All parks are open and many have added extra picnic tables.
- Restaurants: Indoor dining is open at 25% capacity. Masks are required when not seated at your table. For a list of area restaurants and what's currently offered Click Here
- Shops: Shops are open! Masks must be worn inside. Many shops are still offering curbsie pickup.
- Grocery Delivery: Uncommon Grocers offers delivery of local items (produce, basics, baked goods, etc.) within a 20 mile radius of Saugatuck. Shipt delivers from Meijer to homes in Saugatuck & Douglas. You can also use InstantCart for curb-side pickup at many stores.
Detailed Housekeeping Procedures
On top of our already rigorous cleaning and disinfecting procedures, we are targeting high touch/high traffic surfaces. Our procedures are in line witht recommendations by the CDC, EPA, Vacation Rental Management Association (VRMA), and Vacation Rental Housekeeping Professionals (VRHP).
- All housekeeping team members will be properly equipped with masks and gloves.
- Before beginning cleaning, windows and doors will be opened to allow the property to air out.
- The property will be cleaned first and then sanitized and disinfected with EPA approved chemicals.
- All sheets will be washed in hot water with bleach and dried at the highest temperature setting.
- Colored towels will be washed in hot water and dried at the highest temperature setting. White towels will be washed with the addition of bleach.
- Pillows and mattress pads will be misted with sanitizing product and given time to dry before beds are made.
- We recommend rental guests bring their own comforters and blankets. Comforters and blankets will be misted with sanitizing product, folded, and placed in the closet should the guest opt to use them.
- Extra care will be given to high touch points. These includes, but are not limited to, remotes, light switches, doorknobs, appliance handles, drawer pulls, faucets, handrails, and thermostats.
- All members of our housekeeping, quality assurance, and maintenance teams will adhere to social distancing and hand washing protocols and will maintain 6 feet of distance. While at a property, each team member will wear protective gear such as masks and gloves.
Detailed Departure Procedures
We're sorry to see you go and hope you will come again soon! Please complete the following before you depart.
- In season check-out is now at 10am to allow proper time to clean and disinfect between guests. Off season check-out continues to be 12pm noon.
- Turn on all ceiling fans and adjust the home HVAC fan to the On position.
- Return furniture, electronics, and household items to their original locations.
- Wash all dishes or load and start the dishwasher.
- Take out all trash and place in the outside bin.
- Leave floors free of excess debris.
- Place all dirty bath towels on the bathroom floor.
- Please do NOT strip the beds.
- If you opted to use provided hot tub / beach / pool towels, please wash and dry them before your departure.
- Leave the keys on the kitchen counter or under the welcome mat.
- Call or text to let us know you've departed.