Latest Information and UpdatesLike you, we continue to watch as our nation and the world struggles with the impact of this virus. The financial implications to our families, communities, and businesses are difficult to foresee fully, but they are devastating by any measure. We are making decisions regarding this very fluid situation on a regular basis, and we are doing our best to balance the interests of our guests, owners, employees, and the future of our business.
Michigan Executive Order
Vacation Rentals are open and legal in the state of Michigan. For a list of Michigan executive orders Click Here.
Peace of Mind
When you book direct with Mill Pond Realty, you'll enjoy flexible options for changes and cancellations. You can reschedule your trip or cancel it and receive a 100% credit to use anytime in the future OR receive a refund (minus the cancellation fee) at least 30 days prior to arrival.
The health and safety of our clients, guests, and team is our top priority.
- Mill Pond Realty Office: Our office building is back open and we look forward to welcoming you. We ask those who are unvaccinated to please wear a mask.
- Check-in: In addition to in-office check-in, we are currently offering curb-side check-in. If you would prefer for someone to come to your car for check-in, please call when you get to our office. A team member will come to your car as quickly as possible. Early check-in is not available at this time.
- Check-out: Express check-out is available for all properties. Please refer to your departure procedures for details. (see details below)
- Housekeeping: On top of our already rigorous cleaning and disinfecting procedures, we are targeting high touch/high traffic surfaces. (see details below)
- Hot Tubs & Swimming Pools: Hot tubs and pools are treated with the appropriate chemicals and all high touch exterior surfaces are disinfected.
- Beaches: All accessible beaches are open. See below for detailed information.
- Parks: All parks are open and many have added extra picnic tables.
- Public Restrooms: Saugatuck Douglas public restrooms are open and available at the following locations. Wicks Park (502 Water Street, Saugatuck), Village Square (345 Butler Street, Saugatuck), and Berry Field (Center & Washington, Douglas).
- Restaurants: Many restaurants offer outdoor seating in addition to indoor seating at limited capacity. For a list of area restaurants and what's currently offered Click Here
- Shops: Our retailers are open.
- Grocery Delivery: Uncommon Grocers offers delivery of local items (produce, basics, baked goods, etc.) within a 20 mile radius of Saugatuck. Shipt delivers from Meijer to homes in Saugatuck & Douglas. You can also use InstantCart for curb-side pickup at many stores.
- Oval Beach: Saugatuck's famous Lake Michigan beach has been awarded for its beautiful shoreline. Open daily 9am - 10pm. Parking is $10/car/day or $50 for a season pass. Free entry from Labor Day until Memorial Day weekend. Concessions and restrooms available in the summer. Located at Perryman Stret and Oval Beach Drive, Saugatuck.
- Douglas Beach: New stairs for the 2021 season! Free parking, but it's very limited. 3099 Lakeshore Drive, Douglas
- Saugatuck Dunes State Park: Wonderful hiking and beach access. Perfect during all four seasons. A state park permit or a daily fee is required in summer. 6575 138th Avenue, Holland.
- Pier Cove Beach: A river runs from the land out to the lake along this beach which makes it perfect for little ones who are afraid of the waves. Free parking, but it's very limited.
- Westside County Park: Picnic area, playground, grills, and beach access. Free parking. 2152 Lakeshore Drive, Fennville.
I-196 is currently under construction and Blue Star Hwy is congested as a result. Please plan some extra time for driving.
Parking and Transportation
- Parking in Saugatuck during the summer can be a challenge. The local Interurban demand response bus is a great option for transportation anywhere within Saugatuck Douglas. Only $1.00 for adults and $0.50 for children under 12, seniors over 62, and persons with disabilities. To reserve a ride call 269-857-1418.
- The Interurban offers a free shuttle service between Saugatuck High School (401 Elizabeth Street) and downtown Saugatuck. 11am - 5pm Saturdays and Sundays June through Labor Day. The wheelchair accessible shuttle runs in a loop continuously every 15 minutes.
On top of our already rigorous cleaning and disinfecting procedures, we are targeting high touch/high traffic surfaces. Our procedures are in line witht recommendations by the CDC, EPA, Vacation Rental Management Association (VRMA), and Vacation Rental Housekeeping Professionals (VRHP).
- All housekeeping team members will be properly equipped with PPE.
- The property will be cleaned first and then sanitized and disinfected with EPA approved chemicals.
- All sheets and towels will be washed in hot water and dried at the highest temperature setting.
- Pillows and mattress pads will be misted with sanitizing product and given time to dry before beds are made.
- We recommend rental guests bring their own comforters and blankets. Comforters and blankets at the property will be misted with sanitizing product, folded, and placed at the foot of the bed should the guest opt to use them.
- Extra care will be given to high touch points. These includes, but are not limited to, remotes, light switches, doorknobs, appliance handles, drawer pulls, faucets, handrails, and thermostats.
- All members of our housekeeping, quality assurance, and maintenance teams will adhere to social distancing and hand washing protocols. While at a property and interacting with guests, team members will be happy to wear a mask upon request.
We're sorry to see you go and hope you will come again soon! Please complete the following before you depart.
- Check-out is at 10am to allow proper time to clean and disinfect between guests.
- Turn on all ceiling fans and adjust the home HVAC fan to the On position.
- Return furniture, electronics, and household items to their original locations.
- Wash all dishes or load and start the dishwasher.
- Take out all trash and place in the outside bin.
- Leave floors free of excess debris.
- Place all dirty bath towels on the bathroom floor.
- Please do NOT strip the beds.
- If you opted to use provided hot tub / beach / pool towels, please wash and dry them before your departure.
- Leave the keys on the kitchen counter or under the welcome mat.
- Call or text to let us know you've departed.